A brand’s fingerprint: Automotive Badge Design
KURZ is also consistently developing its range for the automotive exterior. We will be showcasing our newest solution for the highly efficient production of automotive exterior emblems live at the stand of our partner Sumitomo Demag, where an automotive badge design will be produced fully automatically. The process: IMD second surface decoration in the classic roll-to-roll process. This component is sprayed, molded, and metallized using indium in a single, highly efficient step.
- Highly efficient IMD decoration process — from injection molding and decoration to cleaning.
- Supports autonomous driving functions, as metallization with indium supports radar beams.
- Much more economical than other methods.
- Unlimited design freedom, such as backlighting effects, color variations, or individual designs.
Impress with efficiency and sustainability
A 360° solution partner thinks sustainability right from the start. KURZ and its partners are continuously developing the value chain. Our IMD process is no exception here either:
- The one-step process reduces CO2 emissions in production.
- Metallization is carried out in a dry process using a wafer-thin indium decorative layer; THE environmentally friendly alternative to electroplating.
- The quality remains the same, even for large series.
- The decoration does not impair the recyclability of the components.
- The process is ideal for the use of recyclates.
- LEONHARD KURZ: Tool, foil feeder, IMD decoration.
- BAIER, a KURZ Company: CO2 reduction.
- Sumitomo Demag: Machine SGM Sumitomo Demag InTelect 220/660-1100 fully electric, SAM – C 10 robot Sumitomo Demag System.
- H&S Kunststofftechnik: Automation including sprue separation and laser marking.
- Petek Reinraumtechnik: Laminar flow box.
- Covestro: Plastic material PC Makrolon.