On one side of the tool, the decorative coating and design for the front side of the control panel is positioned in the front cavity.
At the same time, the metal mesh label with PolyTC® sensors is inserted into the opposite cavity.
Then the tool closes.
Next, a plastic injection molding process controlled by precisely metered heat and exact pressure occurs, which completely molds the final component. In this process step, the decor is transferred firmly and in excellent visual quality to the front.
At the same time, the plastic and the transparent sensor substrate are fused on the rear side. To make this technical step possible with reliable functionality of the touch sensors, KURZ has developed a special formulation. This not only optimizes the stable connection of the materials, but also ensures that the sensors are permanently sealed, which is important for perfect functioning even in adverse environmental conditions.
When it comes to shaping your product batches, 2D to 3D are possible. Decorative coatings can also be applied to inserts. With this process, you also have the option to only perform the sensor integration and forego adding a design on the front.
We keep your sustainability expertise in mind in all our developments:
- Significant reduction of CO2 emissions is achieved through a highly efficient and series-ready one step production process.
- Dry decoration process, meaning that energy-intensive steps such as post-drying are omitted.
- Ultra-thin PolyTC® sensors remove the need for buttons and switches; they also reduce the weight of components.
- Can also be used to decorate recyclates.
- The recyclability of the components is not impaired by the surface finishing.
- Numerous surface decorations are possible: Backlighting, customer-specific requirements in terms of design and durability, soft-touch surfaces, or even real metallization.
KURZ Part Advisor
Your solutions are sustainable, economical and successful if they are optimally thought through from the very beginning. Discover our Part Advisor and receive feedback from our experts within 24 hours.
OROFIN – online
Magazine from KURZ
Take a look with us into the future of surface decoration and find out what is already possible today. Get inspiration and new ideas, hear exciting stories and learn more about innovations from the world of KURZ!
Making every product unique
KURZ realizes this claim with more than 5,500 employees at over 30 global locations. KURZ is a world leader in surface finishing and produces in Europe, Asia and the USA according to the same high quality and environmental standards.