Carbon composite decoration
Lightweight and extremely stable at the same time
Extremely stable with low weight, a high level of driving comfort, and efficient production. KURZ bundles these advantages with carbon composite decoration based on IMD technology, so that automotive megatrends can be implemented easily and economically - in a single process. With our partner BOND Laminates, we have applied for a patent for this process, which has been specially developed for carbon composite materials.
Lightweight and sophisticated
A special material requires special decoration. In order for you to be able to decorate carbon composites in the same high quality as other plastics, KURZ has fine-tuned the process for the production of smaller components precisely to the requirements of this material. Chromium- or indium-based metallization, matte or glossy finishing, haptic and tactile décor - we are able to meet your wishes and specifications. And you can save up to 60 percent of production costs, since molding and decoration are completed in one step.
- Using a high-performance composite material, the current state of development of our technology means that lightweight parts up to a size of 18 inches can be molded or reshaped. Specifically, thermoplastic polymers are used in combination with continuous fiber reinforcement.
- Our Carbon Composite Decoration technology is responsible for the molding. The thermoplastic starting material is given its shape and plastic coating in a compact injection molding process; it is also decorated at the same time.
- The fine surface finish that is automatically integrated into the process step brings a significant increase in efficiency, as previously necessary additional steps such as varnishing, and sanding are completely eliminated.
- The composite material in the part forms an adherent, durable bond with the decoration design applied.
- Lighter components reduce the carbon footprint of both manufacturers and suppliers
- Excellent material properties that meet stringent specifications
- Extremely stable and resistant components
- No limits to design and individuality
- Cost-efficient, fully automated process with up to 60% cost savings
Learn more about:
KURZ Part Advisor
Your solutions are sustainable, economical and successful if they are optimally thought through from the very beginning. Discover our Part Advisor and receive feedback from our experts within 24 hours.
Orofin – online
Magazine from KURZ
Take a look with us into the future of surface decoration and find out what is already possible today. Get inspiration and new ideas, hear exciting stories and learn more about innovations from the world of KURZ!
Making every product unique
KURZ realizes this claim with more than 5,500 employees at over 30 global locations. KURZ is a world leader in surface finishing and produces in Europe, Asia and the USA according to the same high quality and environmental standards.